19.7.12

Summer Reads

Everything I'm reading at the moment is, as you would expect, fashion related...

  
So first of all on my reading list is a novel written by Lauren Conrad, L.A. Candy. I've only read about a quarter so far though I am enjoying it. It's about a couple of girls who move to Los Angeles in the hope of a more interesting life and that's exactly what they get. It's very light-hearted and fun and you'll enjoy it if you're interested in the L.A. lifestyle and reality shows etc. I don't know if you have seen the American sitcom, Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23 (definitely worth watching if you haven't, it's hilarious!), but for some reason, I always picture the two girls in this whilst I am reading it! I will definitely be finishing this book off on holiday on the beach or by the pool.



Next is, of course, my monthly ELLE UK magazine as I have a subscription. The cover girl is Mila Kunis and she looks amazing as usual! You also get a free St. Tropez gradual tan moisturiser with the issue but whilst I haven't tried it out yet, I am rather skeptical as it is medium dark shade and I am pretty pale sooooo. You also get an ELLE the Runway Edit short magazine with the August issue.


I mentioned before that my friends bought me Lauren Conrad's Style book for my birthday but this isn't a book you read just once, it's more like a style bible that you refer back to for tips and ideas. Very inspirational and definitely worth buying! It even tells you how to best pack for your summer holiday!



Finally is a book my Dad bought me called Essential Reporting. Whilst I don't want to be a reporting journalist as such, this is still interesting to flick through as the majority of it is linked to the fashion journalism/editing career I am interested in.


What are you reading this summer?

14 comments:

  1. I love Lauren Conrad's style! I've re-read it soo many times. Is L.A Candy good? I was thinking of buying it for my hols xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I say, I've not read much of it yet and not much has happened so far but yes, I am enjoying it! The good thing about it is that the chapters are really short so you can pick it up and put it down as often as you want.
      Yes, I would definitely recommend it as a holiday read :) xx

      Delete
  2. love reading! awsome books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so lovely, will definetly be following :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. your blog is very interesting. i really love it to read fashion things :))
    i want wo follow you <3

    love
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. good blog!
    I'm follow now from Tokyo.
    Please follow back me. OK??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Lauren Conrads 'Style'book...so good for loads of tips.

    Shannen XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some really nice summer reads there :) Books are always a sensation!
    All the best,

    Jana & Vanessa from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! c: i just wanted to let you know that i love your blog and i have nominated you for the liebster award (:

    here is a link to my blog where you can find out more about this award/tag (:

    http://myrberry.blogspot.ca/

    (ps, I loooved L.A candy!! I am currently reading sweet little lies (the sequel) and also loved lauren conrad style ^^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's so nice, thank you:)

      I will definitely give the tag a go!

      Is Sweet Little Lies good too?

      Delete
    2. you're very welcome (:

      and sweet little lies is good, it's very dramatic, which i like!!

      Delete

Tell me what you think...